I'll be the grapes fermented, bottled and
served with the table set in my finest suit
like a perfect gentleman.
I'll be the phonograph that plays your favorite
albums back as you're lying there, drifting off
to sleep... drifting off to sleep...
I'll be the fire escape that's bolted to the
ancient brick where you will sit
and contemplate your day.
I'll be your winter coat buttoned and zipped
straight to the throat with the collar up so
you won't catch a cold.
"Brand New Colony"
I just liked this song's lyrical musings, the sweet images and feelings, and they seemed to go with how this picture makes me feel.
Also this pictures is evocative of how my new apartment fixings feel..lots of little different aesthetic punctuation going on...
One particular setting I am loving as I experience and savor it, is the white candle, bottle of honey with cork stopper, and blue glass with fuschia flower all together. it is jaunty, saucy, peaceful, and bohemian all at the same time. Secret Life of Bees meets southern sweet tea meets Caribbean beat oh yes.
1 comment:
ohmigosh! tiny fairy on a mossy carpet with a butterfly in a glass jar, birds flying heart-shaped formation,shells,candles and is that a tiny white bear? so many tiny images to take in;
the song lyrics are wondrous! i gots to have it
I'll so enjoy seeing your new home creations: the blue glass- honey jar-candle description is especially lovely
Post a Comment