I have strong feelings of happiness with looking at peaches, warm and juicy in the sun.
I would like to sit with my lovely kindred ladies and have cornbread on cool grass while the world slowly wakes up. hummingbirds skating about and flowers tilting their heads to and fro.
the cornbread would be fresh and warm and wholesomely deliciously yum.
the plates would be blue and green and our dresses would soft and light.
mmm i think we may have this memory already, both past and future ?
2 comments:
i love verra much how the cornbread gets those crispy bits from the butter and grilling in the pan. and how some sugar on peaches makes their juice Juice-out for us to slurp down.
Delicious, delicious! Every word... oh what pictures you painted... hummingbirds skating and each tasty morsel of juicy peach and tender cornbread. So loverly the way you said we may have the memory already, both past and future. Profound and dear.
I relished each summery bite slurped the juice from a yummy peach today; that's the taste of summer.
Post a Comment