Saturday, April 3, 2010

laughed and dreamed under stars and on rivers



I love how this singer-banjo-fairy, jenna may ellefson, writes:

"Sing me an old song from your heart."

And then these beautiful words:

"I grew up in lush Oregon, beside waterfalls, deliciously barefooted, on ponies and among wild berries.
I have lived beneath Colorado's breathtaking peaks and amid dear friends in generous Montana's giving, varied, and beautiful country. I have laughed and dreamed under stars and on rivers.

These songs came from these places and the vibrant people in them."

Oh what sweetness. and her songs,
so dulcimer and dear, Wildflowers and Only for you....

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Whoa, you gots to write a talking-poem-song that starts with the mel-o-dee! ay yi. or maybe a beautiful book that i read all day on the grass, with a warm warm breeze whooshing gently through the leaves, and the hum of summer coming through the earth.

Brooke said...

oops i meant to say: that starts with THAT melody...as in the melody of your poetic evocative writing....

ahh i think i rescued it. and ruined it. ha ha ha!

Linnea said...

the gentle sweetness in this dear horsie's face spoke encouragement to me tonight. I'm pretty sure she's a talking horse; like Bree and Jewel from Narnia! Cuz she sure and certain spoke to me!

and so does this lovely poetry from jenna mae ellefson. right now i'm delighted to be listening to her crooning Wildflowers, along with her banjo! she's a kindred spirit, fairy friend ... as are you... oh yes!