the earth does laugh in flowers,
laughs and sings and reaches out soft scented wafts of joy.
And other friends speak deeply of flowers too...
like our friend Walt Whitman,
oh that great shaggy gypsy passionate yawper!
In the dooryard fronting an old farm-house
near the white-wash'd palings,
Stands the lilac-bush tall-growing
with heart-shaped leaves of rich green,
with many a pointed blossom rising delicate,
with the perfume strong I love,
With every leaf a miracle - and from this bush in the dooryard,
With delicate-color'd blossoms and
heart-shaped leaves of rich green,
A sprig with its flower I break.
- Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
Who would have thought it possible that a tiny little flower
could preoccupy a person so completely that there simply
wasn't room for any other thought....
- Sophie Scholl
The old tree is shook
White blossoms slowly float down
Dancers in the wind
- Alexandra Kim
When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it,
it's your world for the moment. I want to give that world to
someone else.
Most people rush around so, they have no time to look at a flower.
I want them to see it whether they want to or not.
- Georgia O'Keeffe
I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.
- Claude Monet
If seeds in the black earth can turn into such beautiful
roses, what might not the heart of man become in its
long journey in the fertile earth of God ?
- G.K. Chesterton
2 comments:
oh Glory-oh-so!! I don't have the words to express my heart resonance to the poetry or to my joyful responses to your beauty captured in these photos! I could fill the rest of this space with exclamation points. Chesterton's words speak to my heart's desire for each of us as we journey in the fertile earth of our God.
indeed! the earth does laugh in flowers!
Post a Comment