Monday, November 10, 2008

Breath in me








You who Knew Me
Rumi

You who knew me before you formed me,
protect me while your breath is in me.
Can I stand firm if you thrust me aside, 
or advance if you block me way ?

What can I say when my thoughts are in your
hands ? What can I do unless you help me?
Help me.

I turn to you in times of grace.
Answer me and your grace will shield me.
Wake me to search out your sanctuary,
wake me to bless your name.

You who knew me before you formed me,
protect me while your breath is in me.
Wake me to search out your sanctuary.
          You who knew me,
          You who knew me.


Book of Hours
Ranier Maria Rilke: 

"Even if I pile my heart on top of my mind
and add my loneliness and my longing:
how small it remains:
Because He towers beyond it."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How deep and good it is to be known in this way; and that He towers beyond all my experience comforts me. The open window picture and view speak of such serenity and availability. And of exploration too; Oh Italy someday I'll drink in your beauties!