Friday, July 1, 2011

portlandia adventures

Portland has my heart.

I often have that junior high crush feeling. Portland check yes or no, do you like like me, cause I like like you.

Endless adventures.
Treasure hunting for glorious finds of hole in the wall places and quirky experiences
Beautiful places, and scavenger hunts of joy.

Just in the last week, I saw hot air balloons rise over the Willamette Valley, early early in the morning. Tears in the eyes kind of beauty. best part was the little tiny 4 year old boy trucking along in front me down the hill saying "Mom the balloons are beauoootiful!". yes tiny one, they are. oh that there be such joy in the world.

heart rush of anticipation coming down to the grove.


Chipmunk adventure mandas. we someday will have our own tiny -us- dolls full of diamonds to deliver. I'll sing on the steps of the Parthenon with you any day.



Adventure #2 you will find on:

http://www.todaysletters.com/ (I am sorry, can't get this to hyperlink but it is pastable!).

inspired by Em Loerke who shouted out for donut fist pumps, off I went to Voodoo donuts on the first day of their re-opening. waited in line with all sorts of fun people with that stressed look of "how do you decide on a donut at a place where they all look so freakin amazing!". A group of older ladies behind me were avidly studying the donut display rotater. Awesome.



I found the Giant Tex-Ass with sprinkles and marshmallows to be just the thing. Then off to Ace Hotel for a photo booth session with the donut. Oh the glee. Thank you Em for your Pippi Longstocking inspiration...

2 comments:

Linnea said...

Your portlandia adventures inspire me- both the stories and photos. The colorful hot air balloons are magical and the voodoo donut story is totally delightful.

I'm signing up as a P town fan!

doctorbarefoot said...

CHIPMUNK ADVENTURE here we come!!!!! ohmygosh mouthful of joy and donut, and heart full-o-Ace Hotel glory!!
love that you are back to blogging....i adore the sensory and beauteousness of your expressive heart!!