Sunday, February 14, 2010

"Forest of Kites"- oh wow!

At Steidel Gallery (the gallery below that looks like a tiny Wood gnome and elf cottage),
i really fell in love with this painting.

"Forest of Kites.....":
what a imaginative and evocative vision.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

oh. wow manda. you can be the poet at my art gallery showing of all the sweet goodnesses. oh will you? I will have wine (red!) and delicious tiddliebits. and cats in all the corners, sleeping. you can't turn me down now hoppie poppie!

Emily said...

Oh, this picture reminds me of when I was little and we would fly kites, and there was this one tree that we would always try to steer the kites away from, that we called, "the mean, kite eating tree."

Linnea said...

this color-rich painting is truly magical. It makes me Happy! and reminds me of the other worldly phosphorescent plants and flowers in Avatar. I like knowing that you discovered it in the darling Steidel Gallery.

Brooke said...

oh the comments on this are like reading a children book...to come to Emily's childhood story and Linne'as words, 'color-rich'. and I like seeing the word Happy with a capital H. yes! gosh...i must see Avatar if it connects to this feeling. remember the phosphorescent glow on the ocean in maui ? wow that was amazing.