Friday, September 18, 2009

music awakening; soul nourishing

If you let music lead you back there and take you below the surface,
the sun shimmers through the waves and somehow reflects in living color that shines in your heart.

Music dares us to dive in where life is deep.

I'm learning some of what these songs have been teaching me about taking my stand and daring to live,
and now I can sing them from experience and they feel true.


Do I ask too much from music ? I don't think so.
All my life I have believed in what a good song promises:

It wakes a sleepy heart like the smell of breakfast cooking
so that we hunger for a life of love and true adventure.

I made breakfast for you and I hope you like it.
(david wilcox: introduction to vista)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

breakfast served here:
verbally and visually delicious!

next on the menu:
songs to play on blogs

ok and while they're at it:
the aroma of cinnamon from that french toast

Brooke said...

Oh momma, i agree - songs to play on blogs. I think i have seen other blog spaces do this...if it is possible here, then it is a very hidden tool cause i haven't seen it darn. But it is a brilliant idear oh yes. amanda's world music principle at work.....

doctorbarefoot said...

Ah blintzes, you also sing me a song, that makes my heart so delighted. I love that, like you said, tangible things like a song can make us more aware and longing for the intangible. maybe the hidden magic of iTunes can help us? turns out I am not harnessing like 90% of what my brain OR my computer can do!

Brooke said...

ha ha, yes iTunes turns out to be much like our brains -- having many capabilities i knew not of. we'll see if we can some ol' songies on here. i would explode with joy if so....laughed out loud at your 90% comment manda. well played, well played :).