
Its hard not to say "I really love this" at the start of this post. I try not to say "I really love this" because not surpringly, every picture I choose for this little treasure trove of web-neverland is...something I love. ha! So, let me say this in a different specific way: the feelings this painting evokes have several flavors . There are as follows:
One is all the delightful resonance of Cricket magazine.
Oh the beautiful covers. the thickness of that magazine that was always wonderful in its sweet just-abundance of stories, pictures, and truly engaging worlds within. It was a child's magazine for children that wanted the very fairy edge of big and authentic thinking worlds. ahhhh.
i believe there were a variety of issues that did asian themes, as it seemed to me that Asia was a rich picking orchard for juicy fruits of stories and cultural depth and very inky delicate art. one in particular stands out as having the vibe of this painting and i remember how beautiful that issue was - young asian girl accomplished something powerful and the little cricket-characters may have had asian clothes on. Oh! there may have been japanese lanterns in one story too. Oh. my.
There, I was able to say more and below the surface of "I really love...".
The other thought is more abstract but when I look at this it seems like the visual embodiment of the gorgeousness of seeing beauty in tiny things, allowing the rain to come and wash things with the freshness of water...ahhh...
No comments:
Post a Comment